Friday, July 10, 2009

Shadow Proves the Sunshine.

Seven weeks is much longer then it sounds. It's a month and a half. Usually, a month and a half goes by pretty quick.. well, not this one. It's going faster then it could go, but not as fast as I want it to. I have never wanted to be back in school so badly.

I want, so badly, to be out of this country. I want to get away from technology, people, and life here. I am sick of spending my days at work then going home to watch four movies a night. It's gets old and I can't spend the rest of my life doing this, no matter how good the money is. This is definitely be the only summer I spend here.

Maybe I should transfer schools? Try going someplace else far from here and there. I would love to go to NYU, but I know my parents answer to that one. Though, I am excited about this semester of school. New roommate, new classes, maybe a major, new dorm, and new friends. I am pretty sure this will be a great year.

I have thought more about what I have learned while in Louisiana and would like to continue on with my list:

1. If you pick on someone constantly they will eventually break down. I have picked on my little sister since I first got here (nothing new) and yesterday she broke down and cried. Didn't mean for her to get so upset about it, yet she is very dramatic.

2. Netflix is simply the best. You can watch movies on there website which is even better. I watched three movies online one afternoon and it was great. I would suggest everyone get netflix.

3. I am starting to read Crazy Love and it already seems like a great book. I believe that it will change and leave me wanting something more.

4. Technology is amazing. I spent half the car ride to Kansas City on the Internet, got to love wireless cards.

5. I think I was adopted.

6. Compassion has been something I have been learning about this week. This young unmarried couple came in the other day to check on their applications.(Remember that is annoying) I took them what I tell everyone else, we are still taking applications and hiring and if Amy is interested she will call you. The lady told me that she just needed to know because they had rent coming up soon. What do you say to that? Is that suppose to make us what to hire her? I told my dad later and told him I didn't feel sorry for this unmarried couple living together and he told me I was an compassionate person. Is it wrong I don't feel sorry for this couple? I mean.. to some extend I do. But are they really trying to look elsewhere for a job too. I guess I don't feel sorry because I know this town and the people in it have potential for something greater, and very few people in this town have reached their potential. It's really sad.

If you have seen the preview for the orphan you know how creepy it looks. Well.. I took my sister that she was a orphan and the movie was based off her. She didn't believe me, but I got a laugh out of it.

Cannot wait till August 18. MuteMath.


"Citywide rodeo, you set on the stage
Where all the clowns will go when they feel their age
I know that you think you're not good for anything
The world makes you feel so small
Get on your wooden horse
This is a ride, not a fight
No need to save face, say goodnight, Grace
"Good night, Grace."
There's dust on the stadium seats, there's dust in your hair
You wonder how fast you'll go when you hit the air
And oh, isn't it strange how things can change you?
And oh, isn't it plain that some things unname you
So don't ask anybody else.
Citywide rodeo, step into your car
Look up at the indigo and pick out your star."

No comments:

Post a Comment